Thursday 10 December 2009

Thurs 10th December - Introducing Emily

Any of you who follow Marie at Oak Cottage will know that she's a multi-talented woman:  she cooks, she sews, she writes, she paints, she goes to work and cooks some more - she's always at it!


Every now and then I buy something or other that she's made.  Usually I have some excuse like they're for one of the great-nephews' or nieces birthday or Christmas prezzies.  And what happens?  I selfishly can't part with them so the kids get something else.


In summer I bought some prints thinking I would frame them for The Three.  This is them now.............

They're hanging in my hallway.



And here's my most recent acquisition


Emily is sitting in a corner of the dresser in our living room, every last stitch, every frill, from Marie's own hands.


Isn't she lovely?  Marie was wondering whether to make one just for herself.  I think so, don't you?

9 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You are blessed to have some of Maries artwork in your home. She does a lovely job of it for sure. It think cooking is an art form too and she makes some of most delicious recipes too. What a talented lady!

LYN said...

AWW SHE'S GORGEOUS!!

Rita said...

Just beautiful! I am so tempted to buy some of her lovely creations; wish we were closer. Take care.

Marie Rayner said...

My dear Angie. I am so happy that Emily has found a loving home with you. I had nary a doubt that she would! She looks quite comfortable there on your sideboard! I am so happy that you like her and that you like the art prints so much. You have really made my day with your kind and generous words! I am blushing here from the top of my head down to the tips of my toes!! Not sure I deserve all the accolade, but I'll take it in the spirit in which it is given. I love you too girl, I love you too!!! ((((hugs))))

Andy said...

I am always envious of people with that kind of talent i can not even draw a pin man properly,
Andy

Joolz said...

Yes, the dolly is very cute!

Joolz

Grammy Staffy said...

Emily is lovely...just like Marie...they are both dolls!!!

It was so nice to talk to you my dear. I am so sorry that you are going through all this. I will be praying for a good report next Thursday. You have my love and my prayers. I am sending lots of hugs your way. Love lura

Kath said...

Hi Angy,
Thankyou for your kind comment in my blog.Yes the dolly is beautiful.Awwwwwww meany meany meany He-He,go on give it to the little girl who Keith was nursing she will love it He-He.Love the framed pictures.I bought the one "A Little Romance " to frame for Christmas from Marie and it's beautiful.Loved the cheery red dress on the little girlin the picture.Very Christmasy it looks.I love it now it is framed and the Mice kissing under the mistletoe are toooooo cute.LOL!!!.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Gloria Baker said...

She is sooooooo cute, I love all Marie made, I think as you, she is wonderful, and make all beauty, I have a little paints that she give me two years ago and really love them.
Marie is so special Angie, and you too.
Thanks for stopping by at my blog, and Iam adding your at my favorites, huggss gloria