Monday 3 August 2009

Just a little posting



POSITIVE THING ABOUT ME FOR TODAY:


People Like me


They do, by and large! Not everybody of course, I'm sure. Nobody likes everybody all the time. Generally speaking though.
I was quite surprised this came up when I was looking for something nice to say about me today because sometimes I feel like the most horrible person. Maybe this 'positive thinking' lark gets easier.


Here's a bit of useless information for you:

At 5 minutes and 6 seconds after 4am on 7th August this year (that's on Friday if you're bothered!), the time and date will be 04:05:06 07/08/09.

So there!

And a little something to chuckle about:

A lorry driver was going to Chester Zoo with 500 penguins to deliver. When his lorry broke down, another lorry driver asked if he could help at all. "Yes," said the first man, "If I pay you £500, please will you take these penguins to the zoo?"

The other man looked startled. "I - I suppose so," he said, "If that's what you want."

"Sure do," said the first lorry driver, and gave a sigh of relief as the penguins were gently led from one lorry to the other. Next day the first driver finally got to Chester and to his amazement saw the second driver walking down the cobbled street followed by 500 happy penguins in single file. "Wh-wh-what's going on?" he gasped, "I gave you £500 to take these to the zoo!"
"And so I did," said the other man, "But there's some money left over, so today we're going bowling."

And finally - a point to ponder.......

Why didn't Noah swat those 2 mosquitoes?

xxxx

14 comments:

Blessings each day said...

Isn't that just the cutest joke?!? I love it and it's cute just like you!

Angie, I like this positive thinking you are doing here and I hope you keep it up, too.

If you run out of things I can help you and I'm sure lots of others can help you too!

Which brings me to say that your statement is so obviously true...it would be hard NOT to like you (except for ,maybe those characters you were hanging out with down by the jail...rats, I forget what you call it in England)!

blessings and hugs,

marcy

RuthnJasper said...

We like you LOTS Angie, we always will! The positive thinking is great. When I (R, not J) was really down in the doldrums we kept a positive thoughts diary - amazing how helpful it can be.

Did you do all those amazing cakes? They're brilliant. I wish I was as clever as that, but I'm crap with icing, and Jasper would just steal and eat the cake...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love your positive thoughts!!!
and your SMILES too!

Sugar said...

there's tons of positive things about you!
cute joke. lol
have a good week.
huggies...

Joyce said...

Very funny post:) My daughter was married on 06/05/04 so that her husband would remember their anniversary and he already forgets the date:)
Joyce

Unknown said...

Angie I just tagged you

daisymum.

ps; The cakes are simpy beautiful

Diana said...

Noah didn't swat the two mosquito's because he wanted to give the animals something to do that would keep them busy.

Marie Rayner said...

I like you Angie, I really do. In fact I'd go so far as to say I lurve you! You always make me smile whenever you post. Positive thinking is a great way to start any day and to keep it going. Loved the joke!!! I'll try to e-mail you later or text. Depends on how my day moves along!

LYN said...

LOVE THE JOKES..
THE REASON I TRY TO LIST THE POSITIVES IN MY LIFE IS THE SAME REASON AS YOU!!
OF COURSE WE LIKE YOU YOU DAFT COW!! ;-)

Eileen said...

I'm fairly new to your blog, but so far I like you A LOT!

I like this 'positive thinking', I think it's a great idea!

Loved the penguin joke!
All the best,
Eileen

Anonymous said...

LOL...thanks for a great laugh of the day...LOLOL...cannot you just see that man wandering about with all those penquins???? LOLOL...and I will share with the grands about Friday...and yes...I think Noah could have chucked those snakes overboard too...I hate them...and every once in a while one will show up in my yard...usually when I least expect it...found a snake skin the other day..or rather grandson did LOL..take care and hugs to you all day...Ora in KY PS..and I like you alot...!!!!!

MBNAD woman said...

That really made me smile. Thank you.

And as for the cakes. Woo hoo!

Mad x

Andy said...

That made me smile, your sense of humour is as good/bad as mine. Do you know why you can not get paracedtomol in the jungle? Its because the parrots eat them all........
Andy

Grammy Staffy said...

Add me to the list of those who like you. I love your post and your sense of humor. Your blog makes me smile.

I have often wondered why Noah didn't swat those 2 mosquitoes?? I hate them.... and they always can find me to bite...even when I am in a crowd they pick me out to bite! It must be because I am so sweet...or rotten???

Have a great day. Love, Lura