Thursday 8 April 2010

Thursday 8th April

It was about half past five this morning (yes, really) when Keith broke the news to me.  "I'll make you a cup of tea,"  he said,  "Sit over here, make yourself comfy," he said,  "There's something I've got to tell you,".

You know that sinking feeling you get as your stomach flips over?  You know how you suddenly become conscious of your own heartbeat?  You know how the world stands still, just for a minute?  It was probably having a cup of tea brought to me that did it.  He perched on the edge of the chair opposite and leaned solicitously forward, twiddling his wristwatch.

"I hoped you wouldn't have to hear this",  what on earth was wrong? "But I ought to start at the beginning.  Do you know its 5.30 am?"

"Yes," I said, glancing at the mantle clock just to be sure......the house seems ok, no bruises on Keith,  Sally's eating so she's OK so what.........???

"Well when it gets to 6 o'clock,"  pause for dramatic effect, "Did you realise that it's 6 o'clock TWICE EVERY DAY".

I tell you, murder may yet be done in this house!!!!!!


11 comments:

Jan said...

What did you say ? ,please leave out the deletes lol grrrrr ...love Jan xx

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That Keith of yours keeps you hopping for sure. He is one that will never be bored or boring. I'm not sure I would have had a comeback at all for that one. Hope you had a good one.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie...LOL...I am not sure Keith would still be living if that had been me...things don't get boring around your place do they??? LOL...but I can tell too that he thinks you are "hot" stuff LOLOL....we are enjoying some beautiful weather but I see this morning we have rain...that is good...the garden needs a drink!!! Have a great day...hugs from Ora in Kentucky

LYN said...

THAT WOULD BE GROUNDS FOR A THUMPING IN MY HOUSE...LOL!

Anonymous said...

LOL...Angie...now how would I be sure...??? LOLOL..but they have been doing that for some time now...do you think??? maybe??? huh??? well it is possibly the means of getting more "turtles"??? LOL...oh Lordy..guess I should look for a bigger house for them...all they have is a two bedroom....LOLOL...hugs from Ora in KY

Andy said...

He likes to live dangerosly than?

Ally Lifewithally said...

Thanks Angie I can always rely on you cheering me up ~ (I wonder what you thought Keith was going to say :O) ~
~ Ally x

Sybil said...

Oh Angie !! where did the cup of tea go !!!!!
Keith is a sure tease...as bad as my B.I.L. who caught me out on April Fools day at 7.45am with a phone call...
Glad that you are back with us though I have missed you..
Love Sybil x

Joan said...

Oh you had me worried there Angie hope you did not hit him too hard. Love Joan

StitchinByTheLake said...

I feel sure you would be acquitted! blessings, marlene

Rita said...

I was really afraid of what your would announce.
Great guy there; loves to surprise you and makes the world more interesting. But I just might have bashed him one.
I am up every morning at 5:30 AM and I make the tea; they day he offers to make it, I will be very concerned.
Hugs,
Rita